Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Whiplash vs CSF leak

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Whiplash vs CSF leak

I had a very minor whiplash injury 10 days ago but was able to carry on normal activities and run for over an hour a couple of days after. 4 days after the event my neck pain worsened and I suffered from extreme nausea.I had a severe headache and was admitted overnight for a CT of my brain which was fine. The following day I had another sudden severe headache and was taken into hospital again. The MRI and MRA were normal, and I was discharged with a diagnosis of whiplash injury. What makes me wonder about the CSF leak is that the lady in the bed next to me had exactly the same symptoms, including a metallic taste in my mouth, a post nasal drip, and intermittent watery runny nose. My ears pop when I swallow as well and I had thought it all down to sinuses. My sinuses were fine on the scans. I feel so unwell that I find it hard to believe that all my symptoms are from a minor neck injury. I have a very high pain threshold.
Dear Friend,
If the scans are normal, then the diagnose of whiplash injury is accurate.
The main treatment of it is rest and cervical collar. It's a self healing condition, when given a proper rest.
Hence don't think anything else and never - never co-relate and find similarity with other people, in these sensitive issues.
It may be a mere co-incidence, else treating doctors would had definitely founded some positive findings or could had co-related some valuable points.
I hope i was able to explain you in a easy way.
Feel free to discuss further.
Regards.
IM 29 YRS OLD AND HAVE HYDROCEPHALUS,I HAVE A SHUNT AND KEEP SUFFERRING FROM MIGRAINES,FLASHES IN MY VISION WHICH IS A WHITE FLASHING CAMERA LIKE THING,I WAS ON MY COMPUTER YESTERDYA WHEN I HADNT BEEN ON IT FOR LONG,I SUDDENLY FELT SICK,WEAK,AND THEN I GOT UP TO GO AND SIT ON MY BED IN MY BEDROOM LUCKILY I DID,AS THE NEXT MY VISION WAS A BIT DISTORTED,FELT QUITE SICK,PANICKY AND HAD TO LIE DOWN AS I HAD THE MOST HORRENDOUS HEADACHE,CUD IT BE MIGRAINE RELATED? BUT IT DOESNT FEEL LIKE IT,SHUNT RELATED,TENSION WHICH I HAVE AS MY HEAD FEELS SOoo HEAVY AT THE TOP CONSTANTLY OR DUE TO THIS HAEMORRAGH I HAD BEHIND MY LEFT EYE WHICH I HAD 4 WEEKS AGO.DEBS