Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
can anyone who reads this please explain what they think all replies wi...

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

can anyone who reads this please explain what they think all replies will be much appreciated

Im an 19 year old male ive had what doctors think were seizures they are not sure because nothing showed up. I have been noticing for a few years now that at times while im doing something i have what i call a black out but its more just like very hazy memory. ill be doing something and all of the sudden i cannot remember the past seconds to an hour or my memory of that time is very hazy and unclear. i also can get dizzy and lightheaded after this happens. i dont drink or do drugs. i am currently on xanax for anxiety and i havent had a "seizure" in a year this month. all ideas given will be much appreciated and i thank you all for reading and trying to help if you can email me instead at ***@****
Dear Llemley,
Many thanks for posting the question through this forum.But i am sorry that i won't be able to answer it on your email id.
As specified by my friend, Dr Nassim, the most probable diagnosis is of  - TGA  (Transient global amnesia).
Let me give you a brief details of this condition.The condition generally affects the short term memory (disrupts the same) and may have small effect on the long term memory also.If you would ask me the cause of the same- I would say-Idiopathic. It means-Unknown cause.
But you need not to worry at all as it has got a very good prognosis.I would suggest you to visit a good neurologist.Good counseling followed by good diet and a healthy lifestyle is the best treatment for this condition.
Feel free to discuss more.
Regards..
Transient global amnesia (TGA)
Dear Mr. Nasim/Abhijeet Ghosh

Since one month I am feeling numbness in both my arms and around my mouth when i go to sleep i feel this when ii am sleeping and wake up in the morning. I live in London and Im not sure what is causing this. I went to my GP he says its normal sometimes things happen without any specific reason. In addition to the above problem I have got this sever bloating problem. I eat two chapatis and i feel full. Please I would appreciate if you could let me know why is this happeneing and also advice me what to do next to avoid any complications.

Im writing to you because I am from India and my questions would be answered quickly.Here in London the GPS particularly Indians take things so lightly it cannot be comprehended.
Anjum.
Thank you both i appreciate the help tons. Would the condition worsen when you are sleep deprieved? Could that be what causes the seizures the doctors said I had?