Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
chronic irritability

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

chronic irritability

I have been having chronic irritability for a while, I am not sure if it is this psychoactive herb called kratom that is causing it, depression or both.  Because I had chronic irritability in the past before I discovered the kratom. I cant stop obsessing over it, the irritability is so unbearable its like I want to crawl out of my skin. My psychiatrist tried to put me on a anti-psychotic but I am afraid to take it. She never diagnosed me with anything specific, she just said  "mood disorder"  I also have severe anxiety and depersonalization all the time, that is why I take the kratom, I guess it is kind of addictive.  I don't know what to do? I am back on a low dose SSRI. What is going on in the brain to make someone chronically irritable in simple scientific terms?
Dear Friend,
It's good that you are trying to taper off the medicine.
I will not be able to guide you too much about this herb as i have not done much research and hence my opinion would be based on the inputs provided by my seniors only.
I would however request you to please consult a good psychiatrist, as he is the right doctor to advice you further. My advices would be more related to Neurological disorders / issues where as your concern is about anxiety / psychiatry related.
Regards.

Feel free to discuss more...if you have any issues.
Kratom will do that to you.  Read about the withdrawl (withdrawal) symtoms (symptoms) of it sometime.  I get the crawlies too if I take too much and get off.  It's the dirty little secret about the stuff.  There will be some pain getting off it, if that is what you want to do.  
I know I am trying to taper off it :)