Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
neurogenic bladder and bowel
About This Forum:

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

neurogenic bladder and bowel

I have been diagnosed with neurogenic bladder (retention 150-200 cc and had urodynamics) and bowel dysfunction.  I cannot feel the need to go, have chronic constipation and something about the "squeeze reflex"  being absent (I had a manometry).  I was sent to a neurosurgeon for evaluation and he said because of the lack of loss of pereaneal sensation, there is no way it can be a spinal cause.  I feel as though my left leg is heavy and I did fall off a pony several years ago that left a huge bruise on my left hip.  My pelvis was x-rayed at that time, but they said it was fine.  A couple of years later, I had another x ray (may have been having hip pain) and the nurse called me over and showed me the xray and a line that looked like a fracture.  Is it true that a lack of loss of perineal sensation means that the problem can't be in my spine?  They kept telling me I may have MS and I have had several negative MRIs of the brain.   Thank you for your help.