Neurology Community
vertebral hemangioma

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

vertebral hemangioma

i have a vertebral hemangioma at c3 and c4 i have several pains all around the neck on my shoulder and my back my question is that what can happen if the pain continues spreading all over the vertebral cord, i am in venezuela and my other question is, could this conditions made several headaches? thk so much

This discussion is related to Vertebral Hemangioma.
Hi, Thank you for your question. Vertebral hemangioma is a benign growth of blood vessels that may occur near to spine. As a result of that this may compress the nerves and can be irritated causing pain that may be referred and perceived as occurring in the back of head & shoulders (as electric sensation)- LHERMITTES SIGN, arms or chest, rather than just the neck. Other symptoms may include vertigo, nausea (dizziness) and stiffness. It will be best that you consult a neurologist who would like to prescribe Pain killers, steroid and muscle relaxants. Surgical intervention can be taken into consideration if this is resectable. Hope this helps.

I have 3mm of retrolisthesis of l3,l4 and 5mm of anterolisthesis of l4 on l5 . there is diffuse posteriou bulging of the intervertebral disc from l2 through l1 . there is no associated neerve root impingement or spinal stenosis. Degenerative changes are present in the bone marrow and therre are multiple vertebral body hemangiomas.
I am have burning pain left hip going on around my left side to the front of my let to the knee. Standing and sitting are realy uncomfortable and sleeping ,
Can steroid injections and physical theropy help this condition.
Your left hip appears dermatomal in nature, and may be due to chemical radiculitis of the L1/L2 Left nerve roots in the lower back. This will result in a sensation radiating from the hip toward the knee. A primary hip capsule strain or femoral nerve involvement can also refer similar pain. The listhesis of the lower back represents instability of this region and osteogenic bone pain from that region can refer to the hip - although this type of pain normal does not travel to the knee. If you have nay further questions email ***@****.