Neurology Community
Nerve Conduction Test plus lots of others. I'm so lost!!!

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

My history;  40 yr female,  diagnosed at 3 with juvenile RA, treated with baby aspirin and steroids,  Lost most all vision by 7,  At 13 one breast developed at A cup and other c cup, treated with hormone injections and hormone pills.  Didn't work wound up getting a left breast implant at 16.  RA went into remission around age 16 come back into upper joints in my 20's.  My 20's were ok but when I hit my mid 3ck 0's it all went down hill, broke R elbow with torn ligament, Broke right foot, Broke left ankle and torn ligament and 5 broken ribs from a car accident.  My health went downhill fast after I hit 38.

Currently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Restless Leg Syndrome, Carpal Tunnel, Mysotis, Ciatica, Osteo in right knee and a B12 deficiancy but I feel something else is wrong.  

I have these pins and needles and electrical shocks running up and down my body, water sensations on legs and arms, My feet burn, The back of my leg muscles hurt all the time,  My hips and lower back hurts all the time.  My neck and left shoulder hurt all the time, radiating into my elbow, wrist and fingers.  I have severe headaches

I am currently on Gabapentin 900 mg a day, Zoloft, Requip for sleep, Zocor for cholesterol, Citrizine for allergies and Norco for pain.  The only medication that I feel like really works is the Gabapentin although it has put on some major weight for my body which doesn't help my lower extremities..

I'm scheduled for a nerve conduction velocity test in two weeks and I pray that this is it and I get a answer and a solution to fix it.  Question should I stop taking the Gabapentin a few days before the test for more accurate results?

Also any other input that anyone that is famalier with my situation would be greatly appreciated.  I have got to get fixed.  This is really really affecting my job performance and I'm afraid I'm gonna wind up in trouble or fired before I get fixed.  Thanks.

Hi!
If you are taking gabapentin, it can affect the pain response but does not affect conduction velocity or responses of afferent fibers to mechanical stimulation. However, please ask your doctor also.
You need to also get serum calcium, vitamin D and parathyroid gland function assessed. Sometimes problems in calcium, phosphate and vitamin D can cause joint and bone pain and jolting pain. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
Thanks, I do believe that my rheumotologist ordered the above test the last time I had blood drawn.  I haven't got the results yet, I see him at the end of the month so I'll be sure to ask him.  Thanks again for responding.  K