SEIZURE DISORDER after Brain Surgery
I had a benign brain tumor removed from my left frontal lobe one year ago. Since I have had that I suffer from Grand Mal Seizures due to scar tissue. Is this something that is common? Also after my seizures I am confused as to the year and even not remembering people in my family.On one occasion this has lasted 2 hours. I am not concerned about it but my family is very concerned about it. Any help or advice I can get would be of great help. Thank you
Your brain is still having circuitry problems from the scar tissue and swelling.
I took medicine to reduce the swelling for at least three months and also took an anti- seizure medication to limit the brain's short circuits. I used to have periodic grand mal seizures, and my tumor was removed from the right frontal lobe.
Seizures are common.

Memory is the primary function of the temporal lobe, not the the frontal lobe. I suspect the swelling has pressed against the temporal lobe enough to cause this symptom.

This is good reading for explanation and understanding.
http://www.abta.org/index.cfm?contentid=13&symptoms

Any trauma to the brain can result in seizures and brain surgery is traumatizing to the brain so seizures are fairly common after brain surgery. Anticonvulsants are usually prescribed to treat seizures after surgery. Short term memory loss can occur after brain surgery which may get better with time. I would still advise you to get a clinical evaluation done by your neurologist.
Keep us posted.
My son had brain surgery to remove part of his left brain on his left side to get rid of his absent seizures for epilepsy and now two yers later his right leg will fall asleep and fall and sometimes doesn't respond right away when talked to , is he having seizures again.
I recently had a benign brain tumor removed from my right frontal lobe. Three days after being released I began having a grand. Mal seizure that's been two weeks ago. I'm wondering when it sage to resume driving?