Neurology Community
pituitary surgery cyst removed

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

pituitary surgery cyst removed

recently i had  a cyst on my pituitary gland , i had it removed on jan 4 08,  i was wondering , how long does it take to heal completely, before the removeable, i was having very bad headache, since the removable, should i still have mild headaches, ,i'm taking hydorocortisone, when i dont take i get a headache, is this normal.  thanks angela
i am wondering how big and what symptoms you were having from the cyst in your pituitary gland.  my dght has one also but the neuro doc we were seeing was very whatever about it and i feel he should take it more seriously especially since everything else has been ruled out, by the gastro doc,  in regards to her symptoms.  please get back to me when you can.  

i talked with another lady who said her headaches were gone pretty much instantly after her cyst was drained.  do you have allergies at all?  allergies can give you a constant mild headache if not treated.  you are taking a steroid which helps with inflammation -probably sinus inflammation- and when you don't take it it can make the headache come back if the underlying cause of the headache (ex: allergies) is not dealt with if that makes any sense.  
I took my 11 year old son to have a second MRI after being told by our nerologist that it appeared he had a very small 3cm cyst on his pituitary gland.  He told me the cyst HAS NOTHING to do with his headacheds and not to worry.  I was not concerned until I saw some of the questions and answers in this forum.  I do not have the reports back from the second MRI yet.  Can anyone shed some light on this for me.  He has been getting migraines now for months and gets dizzy ALOT.  He also has been gaining weight.  Please help
Most neurologists, in my experience with my 14 year old (she was 13 when it all started), like to take the wait and see approach.  My daughters cyst has gone from 2x3 to 3x5 to 5x7 to 5x6x7 and still no one will acknowledge it.  Look up symptoms of Rathkes Cleft Cyst, what it is usually called.  My daughter started with headaches and vomiting.  Once the vomiting was somewhat under control she started gaining weight also.  We have switched neurologists and we are waiting for a 2nd opinion appt with another nuerosurgeon in Houston, we are in San Antonio.  Don't let them get you down.  They will try to dismiss every symptom.  My dght was even sent to a psychiatrist because the doc thought she was faking, turned out the pharmacy messed up on her meds for over 4 months they were giving her nitrates which is not good for migraines at all.  If you are not happy with the doc find another go with your gut.  Good luck and let me know what how things are going if you think about it.
I HAVE A PITUITARY CYST THAT MEASURES 4.4 MM CRANIOCAUDAL X 6 MM
TRANSVERSE X 5.3 MM CRANIOCAUDAL .
SHOULD I BE CONCERNED