recovery from phrenic nerve injury
During heart surgery  I suffered a paralyzed right diaphragm and right  collapsed lung. Neurology performed shock testing after one month which indicated that there was no activity in my right phrenic nerve, as I could not/did not hiccup . There was no damage at all on my left side. After about 3 months, I suddenly started to hiccup to some extent daily and have now continuously done so for about 2 months.
Could this regular hiccupping indicate that my righty phrenic nerve is recovering.Should I ask Neurology to have my phrenic nerve re-tested now. to see if it is now active?

This discussion is related to bilateral phrenic  nerve neuropathy.
How has it turned out since you posted this?  I am suffering from some neurological disorders and about to see a neurologist.  Breathing is hard for me in addition to all the peripheral neuropathy I'm experiencing.  I came across your post and it's too bad there seem to be no comments or answers.  Did you find out what was wrong?