Neurology Community
sweating on one side of head and face

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

sweating on one side of head and face

Has anyone had medical work up for sweating on only one side of head and face?  I have recently started sweating profusely on my right side of face and head.  Sweat drips and runs and my hair gets soaking wet on the right side while I am dry on the left.  It is the oddest thing!  My internist referred me to a neurologist who said he saw nothing to worry about, yet I still worry.  It seems to me something has gone wrong.  I am monitoring for frequency, to try to determine what brings it on, and to see if there are any other symptoms that I can associate with these occurrences.  Does anyone have information that could help me out?

This discussion is related to Profuse Sweating on one side only.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation, though the symptoms could be causes due to irritation of the autonomic nerve supply on the side of the symptom, where other clinical signs would need assesses and possibly few radiological images required for a definite diagnosis. It would be best to have this evaluated by a neurologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Hi there!

Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Every once in a while there is inflammation or the seventh cranial nerve, which affects one side of the face. You can draw a line from the forehead down over the nose and divide the face into two parts. The sweating is sometimes connect with and accompanied by Bell's palsy, the etiology of which is usually unclear. Generally the symptoms disappear within three months.