100% blockage of internal carotid artery.
my Dad is 67 years old and had memory loss ,slurred speech due to two little block in brain and  blockage in internal carotid artery  .  The doppler study and MRI  A angiogram showed 100% blockage of left internal  carotid artery. The right artery had 30% 40% of block. His  colateral blood is normal. he had diabeties and Bp for the past 1 1/2 years. he got  blood supply through right  arteries.. He never had any health problems before, he doesn't smoke, doesn't drink, he undergone treatment, what is my doubt is, is this lead to any lifethreat. how to prevent it. Does he needs an angiogram every year?  What are the chances to happen again? Thank you , lalitha.

Is your dad’s BP and blood sugar under control?
Internal carotid artery is the major artery that supplies blood to brain. A complete block on both sides can result in severe damage to the brain.
He needs to keep both the BP and blood sugar levels under control by medications and life style changes.
A regular angiogram is also required to find out the extent and degree of blockade and any changes. Please follow up with his treating doctor regularly.

My mom is 42 years old she has Diabeties, Peripheral Artery Disease,and has 100% blockage in the Corotid Artery and 100% blockage in her brian 6 months ago her arteries were 40 and 60 % blocked and she was only having T.I.As then she had 2 TIAs and had some bleeding in the brain ive herd that they cant operate on any of the blockages and they cant even do anything about the other corotid artery because it could break a peice of  plaque that could cause a major stroke im 22 and i want to know what are the chances of her coming home?
I am told that my father-in-law whose is 73 yrs old and diabetic, left artery is 90% block. This is revealed in Angiography. How the blockage will be cleared? Will it be done by Angioplasty or by open heart surgery? We are confused. Please guide us. Thanks