Neurology Expert Forum
11 monthes of undiagnosed neurological pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

It started with bladder pressure/pain/urgency. Then it started to include severe burning anal pain and burning pain.
Eyes started twitching occasionally, along with other muscles around my body. One day a huge feeling of adrenalin went to my head. felt like i couldn't keep my eyes open, and I was not tired.I have been getting such bad anxiety and depression , again with these awful adrenalin rushes. Now 11 monthes later, I have a strange cycle of all these symptoms , one after the other. They don't seem to come all at onece. I have had every workup you could imagine , except for a lumbar puncture which i get this week. The only thing they could find amongst all my tests, mri's, cat scans, cystoscopy, etc... was that I had the antibodies (IGG) for herpes 2, cytomegalovirus, and a rheumatologist found hashimotos thyroiditis antibodies, but a endocrinologist confirmed that my thyroid levels are fine and surely not causing these problems. I have tried Valtrex incase it was a  strange appearance of a herpes virus, although I don't get the lesions. What I do get is strange spots now and then , after the pain, on my forearms and occasionly my sides.Not blisters, and not itchy. They go away after a few hours or so. The only other medication I take, and have been taking for 3 yers is ativan. 1 mg at night for sleep. I have read about ativan withdrawl symptoms, but my doctors don't feel it would cause problems like this.
Anybody have any insight here? Thank you.
Hi Shanesmom,

I know you are hoping for an answer from a doctor, and I hope a Doctor does answer you. Meanwhile, here is a link about Interstitial cystitis, which can cause an "Upregulation of the nerves" and referred pain.
http://www.ic-network.com/askthemd/kahn1103.html
Best of luck to you.