Neurology Expert Forum
11 monthes of undiagnosed neurological pain
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
11 monthes of undiagnosed neurological pain
It started with bladder pressure/pain/urgency. Then it started to include severe burning anal pain and burning pain.
Eyes started twitching occasionally, along with other muscles around my body. One day a huge feeling of adrenalin went to my head. felt like i couldn't keep my eyes open, and I was not tired.I have been getting such bad anxiety and depression , again with these awful adrenalin rushes. Now 11 monthes later, I have a strange cycle of all these symptoms , one after the other. They don't seem to come all at onece. I have had every workup you could imagine , except for a lumbar puncture which i get this week. The only thing they could find amongst all my tests, mri's, cat scans, cystoscopy, etc... was that I had the antibodies (IGG) for herpes 2, cytomegalovirus, and a rheumatologist found hashimotos thyroiditis antibodies, but a endocrinologist confirmed that my thyroid levels are fine and surely not causing these problems. I have tried Valtrex incase it was a  strange appearance of a herpes virus, although I don't get the lesions. What I do get is strange spots now and then , after the pain, on my forearms and occasionly my sides.Not blisters, and not itchy. They go away after a few hours or so. The only other medication I take, and have been taking for 3 yers is ativan. 1 mg at night for sleep. I have read about ativan withdrawl symptoms, but my doctors don't feel it would cause problems like this.
Anybody have any insight here? Thank you.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi Shanesmom,

I know you are hoping for an answer from a doctor, and I hope a Doctor does answer you. Meanwhile, here is a link about Interstitial cystitis, which can cause an "Upregulation of the nerves" and referred pain.
http://www.ic-network.com/askthemd/kahn1103.html
Best of luck to you.
Discussion is closed
Cancel
A
A
Blank
Request an Appointment
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now