Neurology Community
13 yo daughter suffers in pain

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

13 yo daughter suffers in pain

My 13 yo daughter has been diagnosed with chronic migraines, abdominal pains, pseudo seizures, chronic constipation, long term memory loss on September 29. 2011 (psychogenic amnesia), fibromyalgia, joint pains.  She has been diagnosed with these conditions for about 3 years.  She is very bright and very smart girl.  Most recently she was hospitalized in September 2012 for migraine treatment of DHE and again the end of January 2013.  She is very, very light sensitive.  Strong lights or flashing lights will send her into a pseudo seizure.  She describes a shocking sensation in the back of her head.  She was at her honor roll school luncheon when someone decided to flick the lights on and off.  She fell to her knees.  She does not remember anything except that when she came to she was in the health nurses office.  Her head hurt (she did not hit it when she fell), her eyes hurt and her whole body hurt so much that she wanted me to give her medication for the pain.  I do not have any strong medicines for her.  Doctors who come across us in the ER say all the usual crap: she is attention seeking, she is drug seeking, is she being abused, etc.  My main concern is to get my daughter help.  The doctors in Nevada have not been able to help us.  To watch my child in pain is painful to myself.  I am a registered nurse and I help people everyday, and I can not even help my own child.  Please, please someone if you know where I can turn to please we need your help.  I have Aetna insurance.  Thank you.  
My daughter started having many of the same symptoms at 10.  We went from Brain tumor, to Pseudo tumor cerbri etc. The scariest thing was when she would have optical migraines,  she looked possessed.

I just happened to mention it to my doc one day when she was with me, and the Dr ran a nutritional panel on her.

Understand that my child was not stick thin.  When the results came back we found that on paper she was severely malnourished.  Long story short. . .she was diagnosed with Dietary Fructose Intolerance via a hydrogen breath test.

It took some time and adjustments to get her intestines to heal so that she can absorb the nutrients in the food she eats, but now she is a normal 15 yo.

Her main trigger was high fructose corn syrup, but there are still fruits etc that we have to severely limit as she does produce small quantities on the enzyme needed to break down fructose.

I don't know if this will end up helping you, but it is worth a shot.

T
Thank you very much for the information.  At this point we are desperate and any information is helpful.
contact "Garden of Life" in West Palm Beach, forgot doctor's name, has books on his story. It is is nutritional, get some HSO's (homeostatic soil organisms) certainly won't hurt! Our soil is depleted because of chemicals, fertilizers & the US doesn't change farming locations every 7 years as should.  Also Juice Plus recommended by the nations leading Pediatrician, Dr. William Sears is a whole food supplement which helps keep from getting sick, helps vision, etc. diet, natural sunlight, minimal electromagnetic forces, computers, cell phones, video games, all bad for you.  Move alarm clock away from near head if close by in bedroom.Use a parasite detox at least once a year, see what happens.