19 week scan of pregnancy

I had my level 2 scan today. The doc told me that one of the ventricles of my baby's brain had a measurement of .70 cm. I think some detachment from the wall? I tried really hard to understand. He said that's boys sometimes have measurements like that and as long as it doesn't get larger than 1cm, he would be fine. He worst case scenario, (big measurement) the baby could have mental retardation. Ex. 1.2cm, learning disabilities. He said not to worry. Hmm.. too late. now I am worried. He said the baby otherwise looked normal. The only thing was that my umbilical cord had only one artery and it's supposed top have 2. Again, he said baby looked like he was growing appropriately and not to worry. I have a follow up in 3 weeks to see how things are progressing. I am seeing a High Risk Doc, who is who gave me this info.  Any info on this would be appreciated.

Regards,
Monica

This discussion is related to Fetus with Brain Damage?.
hello moegomes,
I know you are worried, but  i also hope that after reading this post you will feel much better.

Normally Umiblical cord has 2 arteries and one vein.however sometimes , there is only one artery. But don't be worried as Mother nature is great. That single artery is also capable enough to handle the blood supply to your baby.

Also presently the ventricle siz of your baby is in normal range. In babies .1cm growth takes a lot of time. So as long as it's in normal limit, you need not to be worried.

You should understand one thing my dear friend, if you worry for things which are beyond your control, it will cause frustration inside you and increase your stress level. all these will be bad for the baby which is growing inside you.

So pray, and leave it to GOD. As all is well under control. The only way you can help you and your baby is to stay calm.

hope you got my point.

regards
abhijeet
Thank you, I know your right. I am better now. I want the absolute best for my son.  It through me for a loop. I issues on my own..incompetent cervix. So I worry about preterm even with my cerclage.  It is terrible to think that he and I can have additional challenges to overcome.  I have faith everything will be ok.  So for now, I don't even want to think about it. When I see the doc next time, we'll see happens and then take it from there.

Thank you your words were very encouraging. :)
Monica