2 Failed Fusions, Why?
I have had 2 cervical neck fusions (bone spurs) c4-c7, March 07 first my body rejected the donor bone, Jan 08 second bone harvest from my hip with small bone fusion at c6-c7. Had a CT scan done in Aug 08 shows the slight fusion at c6-c7, metal plate pushing on c3, no fusion at c4-c5, new bone spurs at c1-c2. Along with the ever overused words "DEGENATIVE DISC DISEASE"  I still have very painful neck pain on my left along with arm pain, numbness/tingling. Surgeon injected cortisone in 3 places in Oct 08 made everything 10 times worse. After second surgery, I have severe headaches that start at my left shoulder, go up the left side on my neck, go up the left side of my head and comes around to the left front. I get these on a daily bases, some I can tolerate others I am in bed all day. Pain meds. do nothing. I've tried heat and ice, they do nothing. I am at the point, 'if this is how I am going to spend the rest of my life, I don't want to continue living'. Oh and did I mention, I lost my medical insurance Mar 08! Mr gracious surgeon see's me for free (don;t find that nowadays)! Tried to get total disability, state said SORRY! Anybody have any suggestions, I need help and have no where to turn.
Thank you for your time and effort. It is greatly appreciated!