Neurology Expert Forum
2 Mos. Post-op Occipital Decompression With No Relief?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

2 Mos. Post-op Occipital Decompression With No Relief?

Posted By Anneliese on July 06, 1999 at 09:24:40
Hi CCf,   I hoping you may shed some information my way on how patient's outcome after having Decompression for Arnold-Chiari Malformation with Neurological Deficits respond to this surgery?  It has been about two months since my surgery for my ACM still I struggle with the same symptoms prior to surgery.  Dizziness, Severe Headaches, Double Vision, Facial Numbness and Spasity of both upper and lower extremities.  I get very discouraged with my illness not letting up on some of these deficits.
I know there is the possibility I may have to undergo more surgery in the future.  
With such a rare neurological disorder it is hard to find much information on how patients do post operative.  I am told by my neurosurgeon that it takes time to see improvement with deficits. Plus, is it worth risking more surgery only to continue to worsen?
Thanks, Sincerely, Anneliese

Follow Ups:

Re: 2 Mos. Post-op Occipital Decompression With No Relief? CCF neuro Md MM 7/06/1999
(3)

2 Mos. Post-op Occipital Decompression With No Relief? ss 7/07/1999
(0)

2 Mos. Post-op Occipital Decompression With No Relief? SS 7/07/1999
(1)

Re: 2 Mos. Post-op Occipital Decompression With No Relief? ccf 7/07/1999
(0)