2CM CYST BACK OF BRAIN
My brother was admitted today in the hospital, he has a 2cm cyst on the back of his brain. They found on a CT scan cause he was having bad headaches, nauseau, vomitting, tired and weak for about a week now. They cant do an MRI on the weekend because no one is in or on call (which is BS.)This place calls them self a stroke center but no MRI on the weekends or holidays. I was wondering how bad could this be, if their waiting. They dont know if it still growing. He has always otherwise been healthy. They say it is shifting the brain, what would they most likely do? What is an outcome for something like this? I m worried about my brother, please anyone have any insight for me.
Hello Dear,
The symptoms depend on the location of the cyst. CT and MRI scans are used to diagnose brain cysts. CT scans show the detail of the skull
bones, and provides a visual image of mineral content in or around these masses. MRI scans complement CT scanning by providing a picture of the location of the cyst in relation to the blood vessels and vital structures of the brain There are specific types of cysts. They are named for the type of tissue from which they arise
and for their contents. The most common cysts found in the brain are arachnoid, colloid,dermoid, epidermoid, and pineal cysts.
Unless any investigations are done the diagnosis cannot be confirmed.I understsnd your emotions but you need to be patient.Hope for the best.
For more information refer http://www.abta.org/siteFiles/SitePages/4F77F57A14D6EBBE5C3FBC447B78FD57.pdf
Goodluck
My husband was diagnosed with a 4x3cm cyst on the back of his brain when they were performing a MRI on his upper back. He has had a constant headache for 3 months, vomiting in the middle of the night, tingling in his arms and hands, upper back pain and lower back pain. He has a herniated disk in his L4, L5 and his pain has gotten progressively worse. He thought he had more herniated disks in the top of the back but there aren't any. His GP says there is no way this cyst is causing these symptoms and that he needs to just learn to deal with them. We have 2 young children under the age of 3 and he is unable to play with them because when he returns from work he is drained of all energy. He is in the armed forces and is required to pertake in physical activity 3 times a week but is unable to do so because his pain becomes increasingly worse. We are waiting to hear from a neurosurgeon but I am wondering if it's possible this cyst could be causing all these problems. He is also extremely depressed and hard to deal with. Please help.