Neurology Community
3mm aneurysm diagnosis HTN and DIABETES on top of this...so scared

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have been having bad headaches for about two years.  In the past 4 months, they have consistently been on my (L) side, centralized between my temple, back of eye, back of head and forehead (L).  Sometimes light maks them pulse or jab or hurt behind my eye when I move it or look at the light.  They are from mild to moderate to severe.  I get flashes of pain in the (L) temple to forehead/back of eye area when I sometime change rooms... it lasts a few seconds or pulsates a few times.  I also sometimes have consistent background headaches on that side.  

The MRI I had was clear.  The MRA suggested 3mm aneurysm that was confirmed with a CTA.  It is 3mm on the right of my internal carotid artery at the Circle of Wills.  I am so scared that this will burst because I have high blood pressure and diabetes and have had these for years.  I am trying to get an appt with a neurosurgeon at Mass General Hospital in Boston because I have heard they are the best in the area, but why not Yale or NYC?  I am having headaches that are stronger with light exposure, so using the laptop has been a challenge to do research I normally would do for others in my family with medical problems.   Any suggestion, advice?  I am afraid to do anything, go anywhere that is away from a hospital.  I have just cancelled a vacation I was supposed to be on for the next two weeks.  I am really scared...
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament, but it is difficult to predict a rupture. As  quoted: Aneurysmal rupture may present with intraparenchymal hemorrhage (more common with distal aneurysms), intraventricular hemorrhage (13-28%), or subdural hematoma (2-5%). So, discuss the possibilities with your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.