4mm Non-enhancing "lesion"
Long story short, I began having migraines the third trimester of my first pregnancy 4 years ago... they were sporadic, occuring every 3 to 4 months or so... In August of 2007, I suffered a passing out episode where I was revived by CPR by my husband. I went to the ER had a CT scan done and was diagnosed as having a 4mm lesion on the left frontal lobe of the brain. Non-enhancing with contrast material during CT, MRI and MRA. All three tests concluded the same diagnosis. I went to see a neuroradiologist in Dallas Texas and he confirmed the "spot" as they called it. However, I was never given any additional information about this "spot" as they call it. I was supposed to have a repeat MRI in Nov. 07, but lost my insurance and could not afford to go... Here we are, exactly a year later and I have not seen a physician again since then. My insurance at my new job kicks in Nov.1, but I would to know all I can about this "spot" prior to following up with anyone. In the past, I have claimed there is "something not right" in my brain...Shooting pain in the left eye, one-sided migraine on left side, I have formally been diagnosed with a Scintillating scotoma aura with classic migraine as well as the speech impairments during migraine, however Topamax, Maxalt, Imitrex, etc.. have never worked for me. I often have tingling sensations in my feet. I have irritability more so than I used to and have bouts of the inability to make a decision. I can spend hours in the meat section at WalMart deciding what meat to buy. Simple as that... Can you please help me shed some light on this? ANY opinions from the medical profession would be greatly appreciated. The doctors where I am from are great docs, but they are more out to make a $$$ than care for and communicate with their patients. No one was ever willing to give me more info, other than "Come back for a repeat scan in 3 months." Help please!
Forgot to add I am 23, and otherwise healthy. Someone please help me. I'm not asking for a disgnosis, I am asking for someone who has heard of such, knows of such, or has such condition. Or even someone that can help me understand what this could possibly be...
Long story short, I began having migraines the third trimester of my first pregnancy 4 years ago... they were sporadic, occuring every 3 to 4 months or so... In August of 2007, I suffered a passing out episode where I was revived by CPR by my husband. I went to the ER had a CT scan done and was diagnosed as having a 4mm lesion on the left frontal lobe of the brain. Non-enhancing with contrast material during CT, MRI and MRA. All three tests concluded the same diagnosis. I went to see a neuroradiologist in Dallas Texas and he confirmed the "spot" as they called it. However, I was never given any additional information about this "spot" as they call it. I was supposed to have a repeat MRI in Nov. 07, but lost my insurance and could not afford to go... Here we are, exactly a year later and I have not seen a physician again since then. My insurance at my new job kicks in Nov.1, but I would to know all I can about this "spot" prior to following up with anyone. In the past, I have claimed there is "something not right" in my brain...Shooting pain in the left eye, one-sided migraine on left side, I have formally been diagnosed with a Scintillating scotoma aura with classic migraine as well as the speech impairments during migraine, however Topamax, Maxalt, Imitrex, etc.. have never worked for me. They ended up prescribing Norco pain meds, as this was the only relief I am able to get. A Lortab 10 doesn't even touch the pain... I often have tingling sensations in my feet. I have irritability more so than I used to and have bouts of the inability to make a decision. I can spend hours in the meat section at WalMart deciding what meat to buy. Simple as that... Can you please help me shed some light on this? ANY opinions from the medical profession would be greatly appreciated. The doctors where I am from are great docs, but they are more out to make a $$$ than care for and communicate with their patients. No one was ever willing to give me more info, other than "Come back for a repeat scan in 3 months." Help please!