6 month old with head shake
Hi All

I have a 6 month old baby boy that I'm terribly worried about. A few days ago he began to rock his head back and forth as if saying yes while on his tummy. I'm not sure if I should be describing it as a rocking motion. I feel as if its more like a head jerk. He will jerk his head up and down several times. It always starts with him jerking his head back first then forward. It looks as if he is saying yes. About 95% of the time it occurs while he is on his tummy, although occasionally I've seen him do this while sitting. He does not cry afterwards or do anything with his eyes. In fact after he does this he seems to continue to play normally. I'm very worried and I will be making an appointment with a pediatric neurologist but in the mean time I'm hoping anyone has any insight as to what this can be. He's is developing normally and is on track with all of his milestones.

Thank you
I would definitely contact your Doctor and then the Doctor will help you find a Neurologist, from there, tell the Neurologist the symptoms of your baby boy, and then the Neurologist should give your baby the EEG test... which will test your baby if the baby has Epilepsy.
This is something you see in younger babies who are developing balance. But he seems a little old for that. Let us know what your doctor says. We are all interested.