Neurology Community
6th nerve palsy? Eye problems and body twitching?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Hi, I'm 24 years old and I'm worried about my eye health and overall health.

Coming up to 3 months ago.....I developed a slight eye deviation accompanied by a minor face turn/head tilt. The deviation seems to be in both eyes, but mostly the left, and the gaze of both eyes has been pushed in a little bit towards the nose.

I've done some reading and my symptoms seem to match a 6th nerve palsy? But, maybe a have a milder case becuase the deviation is not huge and when I try I can move both eyes outwards.....but do they strain a lot and can't quite go the maximum distance.

Apart from the eye problem, I've had some low level ringing of the ears quite often that doesn't bother me too much and doesn't affect my overall hearing. Also occasionaly, I notice sore patches on head for example when combing my hair, but they don't last too long. Furthermore, recently the skin around my eyes seems to have drooped a bit (especially right eye) and I get periods of eye twitches and quicker blinking.

And, unfortunately when I'm in bed or resting I often seem to get body jolts, and painless muscle contractions around my body. And, I often have irregular finger twitch when I'm resting.....its like stop-start the gaps are like 10/20 seconds between the titches. This also frequently happens in the morning when I wake.

Apart from that....during the day.... mostly when I outstretch my hands i can notice my fingers tremor sort of in a side-side motion. When reading a book, I wouldn't say my fingers are shaking and I can control the book...but i do feel as if they are being slighlty worked. When I don't think about the twtiching/tremor....it seems to occur less.

Local doctor sent me for blood work and head MRI, both of which have apparently come back normal. What do people think this could be? Btw, the eye problem just came on after one extremely stressful affair and after a bad night of anxiety when I couldn't sleep at all and I was actually so worked up and in a state of terror. The next day, I slowly began to notice problems focusing my eyes and that was that.

From the eyes......gradually these other problems have built up.