Neurology Community
8 year old with bulging disc, immediately after lumbar puncture

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Took son to Er for flu like symptoms , normally extremly healthy child, high tolerance to pain . Dr did lumbar puncture for menigititis , my son laid still for 2 hours afterward, upon being discharged, I dressed him , put his shoes on , and told him to go sit in chair from the bed, he gets down , walks like old man , all hunched over shuffling his feet , complaining of his back hurting, i called for nurse , who got the DR and they ordered a cat scan , where they found out he had a bulging disc in between l4 and l5 , RIGHT where they did the lumbar puncture. My son was not complaining of back pain , and never has , is an extremly healthy , high tolerance to pain child. SInce then my child has been in the ER a different one , for 2 days still in extreme pain , to the point it hurts to breath , cough , move or lay down flat or walk , he is now sleeping upright in a chair. He can not get comfortable ,I have been told from numerous nurses and Drs on staff that its not possible for the lumbar puncture to have caused this , *but have seen different with google searches* but I find it ironic , that my child has NEVER complained of back pain a day in his life untill after the lumbar puncture and that the bulging disc is in the exact spot of the puncture. My question is , how can I help my sons pain and direct his Doctors on the right path to ease his pain and heal him , and could the puncture be the cause of his bulging disc. Please help me , im writing this from the pediatrics floor and cant stand to see my son in pain a min longer . We have an Mri scheduled in the morning for further diagnosis.