Neurology Expert Forum
A Myriad of Neurological Symptoms
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

A Myriad of Neurological Symptoms

I am a 25-year-old Hispanic male. Please, don't insinuate anything too detrimental as I am rather weak-minded and any suggestion to my having an ominous or degenerative illness will only make the soon-to-be-noted episodes to flare up.

I've been a migraine sufferer since my childhood, remembering full-well what it was like to see a NICKELODEON insignia in a color that was not orange or in a shape that was not a blob. Throughout the years, especially after my undergraduate studies, my neurological symptoms began to worsen dramatically. From blurred vision to ephemeral bouts of confusion, I've felt a myriad of neurological symptoms that have relegated me bed-bound and worried. My mental acumen has seemingly diminished, although I do have my days when I am very sharp and can easily debate even the most prolific of lawyers. What has been consuming my mind, lately, is that I've been suffering from one-sided weakness--usually triggered by stress--for three years, that is accompanied with minor mental lethargy. It happens predominantly on my left side, although it sporadically decides to afflict the remaining side. I've had a plethora--yes, plethora--of both CT and MRI scans. On a hospital visit in 2008--due to an intense migraine--I had an MRA done with contrast. Luckily for me, nothing remarkable was shown. Only recently, after much rumination, did I decide to have an MRI with contrast of my brain and C-spine last month;my not knowing what was wrong with me trumped any worry I had about the dye itself. Again, nothing remarkable was shown. Both my EEG and VEP were normal, except for am minor "spike" on my EEG; my neurologist has decided that it would be in my best interest to have a revisionary EEG done. I haven't delineated everything due to character-space issues on this site, but I'd love to read a few encouraging replies. None of you have seen my scans or my blood results, rendering your opinions to be taken with a grain of salt, so I guess I've come here for support.