Neurology Community
A neurologic problem

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

A neurologic problem

've had frequent headaches that feel like someone is poking me with a needle and soon it goes away.Its usually on the back of my head or near my temporals. I also have numbness and tingling in different parts of my body and i get pain in my neck,back,hands,wrists,and legs. i also have trouble swallowing and feel like something is stuck in my throught when i drink something i already went to a doctor and he said it was probably just stress and i should rest but it has already been almost 3 weeks since this has happened please help
Tags: Neurology
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Headaches can be classified largely into primary headaches (tension headaches, migraines, cluster headaches etc), secondary headaches (sinusitis, meningitis, refraction errors, increased intracranial errors etc) and cranial neuralgias. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician or a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
                   The ‘lump sensation’ in your throat is called globus in medical terms. The feeling of a lump indicates that one of the muscles along the way is tightened. Although globus usually doesn't represent a serious problem, when present steadily for more than two weeks or intermittently for two or three months, a thorough examination of the oral cavity and throat is in order, especially in smokers. The most common cause for this symptom is infection, usually viral. Masses and tumors and incoordinated contraction in the upper oesophagus and psychological stress could also cause the sensation. It would be best to have this evaluated by a primary care physician or a neurologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!