Neurology Community
AFTER EFFECTS OF TIA

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

AFTER EFFECTS OF TIA

I'M ROMY, 56 YEARS OLD.  IN 2001 I UNDEWENT ANGIOPLASTI, HAD VERTIGO AND MILD STROKE IN 2003, ANOTHER TIA IN DEC. 2005. LESS THAN A YEAR IN OCT. 2006 ANOTHER TIA AND AGAIN IN APRIL THIS YEAR.  AFTER MY TIA IN 2006, I HAD A TINGLING AND BURNING SENSATION IN MY LEFT FOOT 24/7 ESPECIALLY TOWARDS LATE AFTERNOON AND FROM TIME TO TIME NUMBNESS IN MY NOSTRILS AND UPPER LIP, ALSO NUMBERNESS FROM MY SHOULDER TO MY HANDS.  I TOLD THIS TO THE NEUROLOGIST WHO IS TAKING CARE OF ME AND SHE JUST SAID IT IS JUST PART OF THE TIA I SUFFERED. CAN YOU GIVE ME MEDICATION TO RELIEVE ME OF THE ABOVE SIDE EFFECTS AND POSSIBLE TREATMENT.

THANKS, ROMY
Hello Dear,
Numbness, tingling,weakness and paralysis are common after a TIA.You should consult  neurologist  who will decide the treatment according to your age, symptoms,blood pressure levels and the past history.
Best
I'm a 52yr.old woman. I've had migraine headaches beginning at the age of 10.I had breast cancer ( mastectomy ) in 2000. My blood pressure is good, cholesterol is very good. not diabetic but I was diagnosed as having a mini stroke Tia caused by having a migraine headache.My left side dropped with tingling and numbness, burr vision and slurred speech. My question is after all the years that has passed  what was so different about this migraine that was so different?