Neurology Expert Forum
ALS-CONCERNS - SYMPTOMS OF BEGINNING WEAKNESS?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I am a 40 yrs old male and Ive been experiencing widespread fasciculations, shakings and exercise-intolerance for 5 mths now. After 2 neuro-examinations with EMG Ive been diagnosed with benign fasciculation syndrome.
Im in good health and I noticed a solid increase of strength with lifting weigths and running during the last weeks.
1 week before, Ive done some isometric exercises for the extensor-muscles of the fingers of both hands. All went well
1) it sounds like this was exercise related

2) yes

3) the eye muscles refers to the muscles in the eye socket that move the eyeball, not the eyelid, which would be seen as a facial muscle. Eyelid twtiching is common, and usually benign.

Make Alms to the Diety of your choice, Sir.  With two normal EMG's you have dodged the proverbial bullet.
My father in law passed away last year from ALS....He lost his ability to talk first then his muscels started giving out he would stand up and fall down.  He lost virtually all the strength in his arms.  From what I noticed it goes down hill and it never gets better or comes and goes.....AlS patients just deteriorate at a fast rate.  He was diagnosed in 2000 and passed in 2004.  He was unable to talk or eat and had a feeding tube pretty much from the get go.  AlS is a horrible cruel disease.
Do you know a good hospital for the treatment of ALS.