Neurology Expert Forum
ALS-CONCERNS - SYMPTOMS OF BEGINNING WEAKNESS?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ALS-CONCERNS - SYMPTOMS OF BEGINNING WEAKNESS?

I am a 40 yrs old male and Ive been experiencing widespread fasciculations, shakings and exercise-intolerance for 5 mths now. After 2 neuro-examinations with EMG Ive been diagnosed with benign fasciculation syndrome.
Im in good health and I noticed a solid increase of strength with lifting weigths and running during the last weeks.
1 week before, Ive done some isometric exercises for the extensor-muscles of the fingers of both hands. All went well
Related Discussions
1) it sounds like this was exercise related

2) yes

3) the eye muscles refers to the muscles in the eye socket that move the eyeball, not the eyelid, which would be seen as a facial muscle. Eyelid twtiching is common, and usually benign.

4 Comments
Blank
Make Alms to the Diety of your choice, Sir.  With two normal EMG's you have dodged the proverbial bullet.
Blank
My father in law passed away last year from ALS....He lost his ability to talk first then his muscels started giving out he would stand up and fall down.  He lost virtually all the strength in his arms.  From what I noticed it goes down hill and it never gets better or comes and goes.....AlS patients just deteriorate at a fast rate.  He was diagnosed in 2000 and passed in 2004.  He was unable to talk or eat and had a feeding tube pretty much from the get go.  AlS is a horrible cruel disease.
Blank
Do you know a good hospital for the treatment of ALS.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank