Neurology Expert Forum
ANTICARDIOLIPIN SYNDROME
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Fibromyalgia, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ANTICARDIOLIPIN SYNDROME

Re: ANTICARDIOLIPIN SYNDROME

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Neurology Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by ccf Neuro MD on June 17, 1997 at 11:35:06:

In Reply to: ANTICARDIOLIPIN SYNDROME posted by TAMMY JO GOODMAN on June 07, 1997 at 23:20:51:

: CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME SOME FACTS ABOUT ANTICARDIOLIPIN SYNDROME.  I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH IT IN 1994.
  I HAVE SEVERAL PROBLEMS INCLUDING A MILD HEART ATTACK.  I HAVE HAD TWO MISCARRIAGES AND AM NOW TRYING TO HAVE A CHILD.
  MY HUSBAND AND I HAVE SEVERAL ?'S BUT NOONE WHERE WE LIVE CAN ANSWER THEM FOR US.  I SUFFER FROM SEVERE HEADACHES,
  THAT PUT ME IN BED AND I HAVE THEM FOR WEEKS AT A TIME NOT JUST LITTLE ONE DAY HEADACHES. I HAVE A STABLE HOME LIFE WITH THE NORMAL
  STRESSES.  I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT IF YOU COULD GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIND.
                   THANK YOU,
                    TAMMY JO    
=========================================================================
Hello, Tammy Jo.  Antiphospholipid antibodies area heterogenous group of  antibodies directed against phospholipids, which are essential components of all cells in the body. Cardiolipin is a type of phospholipid that is very commonly involved.  Antiphospholipid antibodies are present  in 2-10% of  the general population and usually don