Abnormal signal in bone marrow during brain MRI
Hi, I had a brain MRI done two weeks ago due to severe headaches.  I had migraines approximately 20 years ago.  I am now 44.   There was nothing indicative for migraines however I had a "low signal intensity" in my bone marrow and the doctor ordered a bone scan which I am having tomorrow.  Unfortunately, all the doctor said was that she didn't think it was anything serious.  What is it that they could be looking for?  I'm stressing over this and wished I found this website sooner.  
Thank you.
Angel
Dear Angel, welcome to the medhelp forum. Low intensity signal in the bone marrow could be indicative of chronic anemia. You will need further evaluation like complete blood count analysis to assess white blood count, cell shape, and hemoglobin and hematocrit levels. Any abnormality warrant further evaluation like bone marrow biopsy and a correlation of MRI findings with the radionuclide bone scan. This should help in arriving at a diagnosis and further relevant management. You are welcome with any further queries. Take care.