Neurology Community
Accident Victim

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Accident Victim

I was recently (7 weeks ago) the victim of a hit and run drunk driver and ended up with extreme pain in my left buttocks.  An x-ray revealed no pelvic fracture - badly bruised, they told me - and within three weeks it seemed to be getting better.  Then I attended a funeral (hard pew) and seemed to experience no pain until the next day - when the pain ran from the bottom of the buttocks, up into my back and down into my leg.  Can you tell me what's going on?  Recommendations?  Drunk driver's insurance company is pushing me to settle but I don't know if I might be settling into a chronic or even permanent condition.  We have horses!  It's what we do here.  At present I have someone riding them for me as the thought of bounding up and down in a saddle - !  Anyhow, any advice you could give me would be helpful.  Thanks.  
Hello.

You seem to have had a muscle and/or a nerve injury. The muscle injury has probably healed, but the nerve injury has not. Have you got an EMG done to confirm this?

You will benefit from physical therapy.

Regards
Avatar n tn
I was hit by a car eight weeks ago too and have been experiencing the same pain at the point of impact on my butt.  I was told I may have a contused nerve and was recommended to go to a neurologist.  Since the  pain runs down your leg, it could be you injured your sciatic nerve.  Hope this helps and good luck.