For years i have had various problems but to put it in a nut shell here are the following problems i have had in order
-Traumatic birth circumtances - delivered with high forceps which caused some damage to my left face and right upper thigh (left with thread veins)
-Born with "floppy baby syndrome" months of cross co-ordination physio therapy allowed me to reach my miles stones but all later than normal child devleopment
-I have a scoliosis of the spine with congenital back and neck damage (basically told at age 25 I had the neck of 85 year old!)
-I have lived with continual back pain
- Knees have disolocated many times since age 13 (have had surgery on left knee to pin it in - but have disolcated since)
- Age 20 had to have surgery on left eyelid as it was drooping concideralby
- Age 21 suffered with severe facial pain attacks and drooping - this has continued up to this date - diagnosed as "facial migriane"
- Age 23 suffered severe dizzyness - diagnosed as laberenthitis, this has continued but not as severe but flares up when out shopping etc. Also when stressed.
- Age 25 neck and back pain worsened, my legs started to not do as they are told, wakening up some mornings with difficulties moving them for a few minutes, also happened at night when sitting curled up on sofa this continues also.
I have seen neuorlogists, neuro-surgons, orthopeadic consultants, ear nose and throat consultants, each time I am discharged with no real answers
I have recently seen a chriropractor who feels this a neurological problem. I apparently have an abnormally large blind spot in my left eye. And may be linked to the part of my brain which controls muscles etc. Can this be true or am i getting my hopes up again?
This site complies with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information.
The Content on this Site is presented in a summary fashion, and is intended to be used for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not intended to be and should not be interpreted as medical advice or a diagnosis of any health or fitness problem, condition or disease; or a recommendation for a specific test, doctor, care provider, procedure, treatment plan, product, or course of action. Med Help International, Inc. is not a medical or healthcare provider and your use of this Site does not create a doctor / patient relationship. We disclaim all responsibility for the professional qualifications and licensing of, and services provided by, any physician or other health providers posting on or otherwise referred to on this Site and/or any Third Party Site. Never disregard the medical advice of your physician or health professional, or delay in seeking such advice, because of something you read on this Site. We offer this Site AS IS and without any warranties. By using this Site you agree to the following Terms and Conditions. If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your physician or 911 immediately.