Neurology Community
Adult effects of "floppy baby syndrome"?
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Adult effects of "floppy baby syndrome"?

For years i have had various problems but to put it in a nut shell here are the following problems i have had in order
-Traumatic birth circumtances - delivered with high forceps which caused some damage to my left face and right upper thigh (left with thread veins)
-Born with "floppy baby syndrome" months of cross co-ordination physio therapy allowed me to reach my miles stones but all later than normal child devleopment
-I have a scoliosis of the spine with congenital back and neck damage (basically told at age 25 I had the neck of 85 year old!)
-I have lived with continual back pain
- Knees  have disolocated many times since age 13 (have had surgery on left knee to pin it in - but have disolcated since)
- Age 20 had to have surgery on left eyelid as it was drooping concideralby
- Age 21 suffered with severe facial pain attacks and drooping - this has continued up to this date - diagnosed as "facial migriane"
- Age 23 suffered severe dizzyness - diagnosed as laberenthitis, this has continued but not as severe but flares up when out shopping etc. Also when stressed.
- Age 25 neck and back pain worsened, my legs started to not do as they are told, wakening up some mornings with difficulties moving them for a few minutes, also happened at night when sitting curled up on sofa this continues also.

I have seen neuorlogists, neuro-surgons, orthopeadic consultants, ear nose and throat consultants, each time I am discharged with no real answers

I have recently seen a chriropractor who feels this a neurological problem. I apparently have an abnormally large blind spot in my left eye. And may be linked to the part of my brain which controls muscles etc. Can this be true or am i getting my hopes up again?