Neurology Community
Advice Please

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Advice Please

25 yrs old with carpel tunnel, this is my second post just looking for advice on what to do. I have been diagnosed with bilateral carpel tunnel. this may be a bit long winded but I am trying to give as much info as possible to get better advice. I have had pain/ numbness in both hands for 2 months now, showing classic signs of carpel tunnel from what I have read.I tried wearing braces but I end up terring them off in the middle of the night in pain. Emg showed 6.0 m/s in left hand (dominate) and 4.5m/s in my right. Neurologist that did the emg was astonished that someone my age would have carpel tunnel this bad and repeated the test three times. The on set was very fast (2 weeks) started in my left hand and moved to my right hand. the only relief at night is to get up and walk around (I wake about 3 hrs after going to sleep) The pain almost brings me to tears at times. I have been ace bandaging/duck taping ( I spend alot of time out doors hunting, fishing, ect. so I have alot of duck tape laying around the house) ice packs to my wrists at night and that seams to give a little more sleep time but not a whole lot more. my mother has just had carpel tunnel surgery on both hands and there is a family history of rheumatoid arthritis in my family (my great grand father/grand mother both on my mothers side) I also have numbness on the interior side of both big toes ( this has been there for 2/3 years) I don't believe that I have diabetes, my wife has type 1 and I often test my blood last night I tested and it came out 131 mg/dL and in an hour dropped to 93 mg/dL., i believe that this is a normal rebound rate. I carpel tunnel normal for someone my age? could there be any other explanation for what is happening? I have been referred to a plastic surgeon for surgery, should I opt to go to a neurosurgeon? I need so advice on what to do from here, I can't keep sleeping 4 hours a night, or having my hand go numb after 2mins of taking notes ( I am a pre med major, 2nd degree, lots of notes). thanks for any help or advice. again sorry for the long windedness