Neurology Community
Agressive Hemangioma Growths

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Agressive Hemangioma Growths

I recently went to a neurologist to check on possible MS symptoms that I've been having for three years.  Leg weakness and numbness are a couple of my symptoms and my doctor asked me if I have a histoy of hemangiomas and she explained to me that they can be located on the spine and cut off blood supply, which may be the cause for my leg weakness and numbness.  I did have a hemangioa, which appeared within 24 hours, removed from my ribs about two years ago, but my dermatologist was not able to get it all because it had tentacled down into the rib tissue.  I also have several smaller hemangiomas on my right forearm that appeared a couple of years ago with some whitening of the skin around them.  I recently had an MRI on my cervical and thoracic spine and in the report the radiologist notes incidental hemangiomas on C2 and T9.  I am worried that they are not so "incidental" because I have several hemangiomas.  From what I've read about them, they occur mostly with middle-aged people and mostly in the thoracic and lumbar spine.  I've read that the ribs and short bones are rare places for hemangiomas to grow.  I am worried that these hemangiomas may not be benign because they seem to be spreading.  If I could get some more information to help clarify my situation, that would be wonderful.  I am a 23-year-old female.
In 2008, I was diagnosed with hemangiomas  in my spine, near my rib cage bone, surrounding my esophagus, my heart and in anywhere there is room( thoracic region) . I had my gallbladder removed  with a hemangioma in 2007. I was seen by three oncologist from different centers.  My treatment was a small dose of chemo (vincrisitin). It is working. In a couple of weeks, I'll have more. My tumors are benign and they seem to be multiplying instead of metastasizing. I was told it isn't  cancer but I think the medical community is not 100% in agreement. I'm 45-year-old female and live in Los Angeles.
I have had pain pain pain for years....that I keep putting off to different reasons.....thoracic pain i put off to large breasts and poor posture...etc...Now I go have an mri of lumbar/sacral and there is a report of ddd 2 bulging disc.....but also a hemangioma within the spine at L2 1.7X1.3cm......also scattered hemangiomas thoughout ls spine!!!!!
Please advise....should I ask for an MRI of whole spine? go to a neuro surgeon?im very worried this is all new to me.......lin
I also was just diagnosed with a hemangioma in T9. All of the specialists tell me it is nothing to worry about and they blew me off when I tried to ask questions. I have had severe pain in that area that would radiate around my ribs for a couple of years now. All of a sudden as the pain progressed I am also having problems with my bowels. The ER doctor said it ws gastroparesis. My digestive system was paralized. I have been trying to do research to see if they can be related. Has anyone else had this problem? Desperately in need of more information. Doctors do not seem very interested and brush each symptom off as a minor coinsidence in the mean time I fell like I could die before they decide to listen to me.  I hope you both are doing ok by now. I noticed you sent this 2009. I hope someone still replies. I am a 43 yr old nurse and I have great experience with the body I am starting to think I see more of a connection than the doctors do. Any help or information would be greatly appriciated. Sincerely, Dar
OMG...Just diagnosed myself with T7 hemangioma smaller one on T4 and an occult intrasacral meningocele s1-s3....Constipated... enuresis... severe, crushing rib pai.  Have you had any answers yet?/  would love to hear!