Neurology Community
Am I looking at surgery?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Am I looking at surgery?

Cervical MRI -   Mild facet arthropathy is present at C3-4 level, left greater than right.  C4-5 minimal disc space narrowing, mild annular disc bulge & subtle uncovertebral spurring is present w/o neural foraminal narrowing.  Facet arthropathy is mild bilaterally.  C5-6 Mild disc space narrowing is present with a broad based central and right posterolateral disc protrusion and large uncovetebral osteopyte extending into anterior canal appr. 3 mm, slight contacting the lateral ventral cord and creating mnoderate to severe right neural foraminal narrowing.  Left neural foramen & central canal are widely patent.  C6-7 Minimal uncovertebral spurring is present with normal disc height.  No spinal stenosis or sign. foraminal narrowing.  Facet athropathy is mild bilaterally.  Conclusion: Central & right posterolateral disc protrusion-spur complex creating mild ventral cord contact and significant right neural foraminal narrowing.  Possible impingement of the exiting right C6 nerve root should be considered.  Correlate clinically.  Minor degenerative changes elsewhere.
Lumbar - L1 -2 & L2 - 3 There is a mild degree of annular disc bulging.  There is no focal disc herniation id'd.  Sifnificant degree of endplate osteophytic spurring is not present.  There is a ild degree of bilateral facet hypertrophy and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy.  No signifcant spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis.  L3-4 There is mild degree of annular disc bulging.  There is no focal disc herniation id'd.  There is a mild degree of left greater than right endplate osteophytic spurring.  There is a nild to moderate degree of right and a moderate degree of left facet hypertrophy with nild to moderate ligamentum flavum hypertrophy.  There is no significant sinal canal stenosis or right neural foraminal stenosis.  There does apear to be a mild degree of left neural foraminal stenosis.   L4-5 Mild degree of based annular bulging.  Along the right posterolateral margin there is a mild region of increased signal on the T2 weighted images which can be seen with an annular tear.  A mild degree of endplate osteophytic spurring is present,.  There is a noderate degree of bilater facet hypertrophy.  Moderate ligametum flavum hypertropy is also present.  There is no sign. spinal canal stenosis. There appears to be a mild deree of bilateral neural foraminal stenosis present.  L5-S1 Minimal degree of annular disc bulging.  There is no focal disc herniation i'd.  There is a nild degree of bilateral facet hypertrophy and ligamentum flavum hypertrophy.  No sign. spinal canal or neural foraminal stenosis present.  Conclusion:  Spondylosis of the lumbar spine, slighty greater within the facets at the L3-3 and L4-5 disc levesl.  There is a nild degree of neural foraminal stenosis as described.
Symptoms:  Left arm numbness, weakness in both hands, sore muscle's on both forearms, some aching and numbness in right arm not as bad as left.  The pain is not severe but aches.  There is numbness at the top of my shoulder blades and around the left shoulder blade.  My head hurts on the left just under the bone that sticks out at the base of the head.  My left leg aches (I sciata had about 4 yrs ago and horrible pain this is just aching) top of left foot is sore, leg aches down the back and on the inside.  I get dizzy spells and my balance is totally off.  Sometimes I feel and look like I am drunk, seem to "pull" to the left.  My Dr. requested the MRI's then got sick.  Her nurse called and said "it is bad and we need to get you to a neurosugeon but I can't answer questions because I just don't know".  I see the surgeon Tues. and my symptoms are so varied I'm afraid he won't take me seriously.  I'm not sure I do!  I don't have bad pain, if it is a compressed nerve shouldn't I be in bad pain like I was with the sciatia?  It took me 15 min, to get out of bed because I could only put a little weight on my foot (L) at a time.  Any help would be appreciated.