Neurology Community
An adult shaking when excited

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

An adult shaking when excited

I'm 21, but since I was a child I have had urges to shake my hands and legs vigorously when I get excited. It is controllable and I do it to a lesser extend than when I was a child but I wonder if this is some kind of medical condition?

I read it is possibly a symptom of asperger syndrome?  
Hello.

You need to check if you have other symptoms of Asperger's syndrome as well. Can you mention here if you have any other symptoms which you consider to be helpful ? Have you been diagnosed Asperger's syndrome ?

I am not aware of any other particular condition which causes such symptoms. It could be a conditioned reflex, formed in the childhood.

Regards
I have the same problem. I'm 22. Always shaken my arms and legs when I get excited and have assumed it was a type of asbergers.
It could be SMD. If anyone does know can they please inform us?

I don't know if Someonerather is the same but I don't share the same symptoms as asperger, just an urge to shake hands and legs when excited. It's as if I have excess energy I need to burn off.
I'm 27 and have the same sympton since i was maybe 6 years old my cousin same age has it too. Usually i shake and make lil noise twisting my hands, tighten all muscles, usually visualizing something exciting.  Usually gets my adrenaline going but i'm just afraid that i might be stressing the body or heart. I'd like to also find more information on this Please
I'm 22 and I've been doing this since my childhood. I almost always do it when I picture something exciting. What worries me is I cross my eyes when I do it and I hope thats not damaging it.
From what I understand, this is called repetitive stereotypy, and can be associated with aspergers, OCD, or some other conditions, but also occurs on its own in normally developing children. If this is the case (as it is with me, I'm now 23 and have always been social, and graduated near the top of my class) these symptoms are harmless.  
I do this as well.. is there a way to fix it?