Neurology Community
Aneurysm

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Aneurysm

I have been undergoing test for possible a possible connective tissue disease. I have had headaches, had an episode where i couldnt talk for about 45 minutes and couldnt see out of my perifral vision. My neurologist belives this to be a TIA. Also have a constant pressure in my head. I have memory loss, speech problems, personality change, fatigue, and problems concentrating. He had some labe test done witch I have yet to recieve, an EEG, and MRI and MRA yesterday. Here are my results of the MRA.

Findings:The included portions of the distal internal carotid arteries are patent to the point where they divide into anterior and middle cerebral artery A1 and M1 segments. The A1 and M1 segments are symmetric and patent to the point where they convert into higher-order branches in the interhemispheric and sylvian fissures, respectivle. In the interhemispheric fissure, there is modest widening of the right A1 segment at the origin of the A2 segment where there appears also to be an anterior communicating artery. This has the appearance of a very small aneurysm. There is no neck, but rather the vessel itself is widened at the point of origin of the ACOM. The middle cerebral artery branches arise from the M1 segments in a normal fashion and no significant aneurysm or stenosis or vascular malformation is apparent.
The basilar artery arises from 2 relatively codominant vertibral arteries and is uniform caliber to the basilar tip. The posterior cebral arteries arise symmetrically and are unifor in caliber. Ther origins of the superios cerebebllar arteries can be identified and also appear symmetric. No aneurysms are seen in the posterior fossa circulation. No vascular malformations or significant stenoses are seen.

Should I be worried about the findings of this MRA? I have been having a headache the past 4 days and I am scared to take my Imitrex. Someone please explain this to me. I tried calling my neurologist today but they never returned any of my calls.
/BUMP
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INSIGHT.

How are you?
Aneurysms occur due to weakness in the walls of cerebral artery or vein. They are usually congenital effects, but can also be due to high blood pressure or atherosclerosis or head trauma.
A small unchanging aneurysm may not produce any symptoms but a large aneurysm will produce symptoms like headache, loss of consciousness, vision impairment and vomiting.
These symptoms occur especially when the aneurysm is about to rupture.
Since what you have a small aneurysm I don’t think it is responsible for the symptoms that you have.
Your symptoms could be due to migraine. I would suggest you to take imitrex for few days and see if it helps. Imitrex is very helpful in migraine.
I was told not to take Imitrex if you have an aneurysm.