Anterior cervical intradiscal decompression without fusion?
Pros/Cons Please.  Have a bulge C-4-5, herniation C-5-6, 6-7, bulge at C-6-T-1. Thinking I will wait for trial results on artificial disk replacement for cervical, but will any surgery weaken the next disks also.  Have read alot of second surgeries.  I'm not ready to comnit.
Hello, Well I had C5 and C6 artifiscal disc and fusion. Guess what I'm great. Five months out and it is super. At two weeks I started walking 1 to 6 miles a day! (Was on a cane and couldn't stand up after five pm) So six miles on a brisk walk up and down hills is the best I've been in 4 years. Go for it! Lois
You mentioned trouble walking before surgery.  Was that related to the cervical problems?  My legs and feet hurt when I go for walks, but I thought that was from bulging disks in my lumbar.  I was also hoping that the artificial disk deal would not involve fusion-guess it was wishful thinking. Thanks for the post.