Antipsychotics
I have very low blood pressure and suffer mainly from negative symptoms of schizophrenia, including intense, uncontrollable anxiety, complete loss of focus and concentration, flat affect, loss of menstruation at 38 and hair, insomnia and apathy.  I'm a nervous mess and don't want to end up in a mental hospital.  My family is poor and I'm destitute as well.  I'm currently seeking help at a low budget clinic in Nashville.  Out of curiosity, will antipsychotic meds affect my blood pressure which is already extremely low?  I am 38, ill and a financial and emotional burden to my family. They don't want to deal with me anymore.
Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your medical problems. Have you ever been diagnosed with schizophrenia or you think you suffer from it? Your symptoms can also be due to low thyroid function, polycystic ovary or due to depression, anxiety disorder, or severe anemia.
Please discuss with your doctor at the clinic. Antipsychotic medications usually do not lower the blood pressure, but you should ask your doctor about the side effect of any medications you are prescribed. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.