Anxiety and Seizures
I have started to wonder what the link between the two may be. I dont think I have seizures I could be wrong. But I do have severe anxiety. Many times I have noticed small brain zaps just out of the blue. And sometimes I zone out but when I zone out I may not know I am doing it at first but I eventually realize I am and sometimes like to stay that way cause it feels good. But I also with my anxiety have severe depersonalization sometimes. These are all symptoms of anxiety except the zoning out which is just plain old spacing out. But what I read is that they are all symptoms of petit mal seizures. Wouldnt that mean that theres some sort of connection there seeing as people usually experience anxiety when they have a seizure. Could it be that people who have anxiety disorder have some sort of epileptic disorder maybe even just having small seizures that they dont even realize they are having?
sorry i meant to post this under neurogly
Hi there.  The phases of zapping our or spacing out could be petit mal seizures or better known as absence seizures wherein the patient is physically present but mentally cannot recapitulate the events and thoughts later. These come in brief phases without any physical signs of seizures like tonic clonic activity. This needs ruling out by an EEG and MRI brain to search for any focal lesion particularly temporal lobe. Anxiety seems to be a big problem for you and needs medications called anti anxiety drugs like benzodiazepines to relieve the symptoms. Your neurologist is the best judge and please cooperates with him in achieving proper therapy. Hope this helps. Take care.
for me its not very worrysome because it does not happen often. andd when i zone out i am aware of who i am and where i am and what i am doing. basically its just me staring off into deep thought. sometimes i do it without realizing and sometimes i can do it intentionally.