Neurology Community
Anxiety or something else?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Anxiety or something else?

3 years ago I was in a severe car accident. Someone ran a stop sign and I hit them at a rate of 55 MPH. I fortunately had no severe injuries from the accident. However I did have some neck pain and limited neck movement which I saw a chiropractor for. I was told it was whiplash. This car accident obviously left me with feelings of anxiety. I still have neck pain and see a chiropractor when it bothers me. I also seam to have days where I just can't concentrate I feel out of sorts like I just can't focus. I also have a ditzy feeling not really dizziness just a strange feeling in general. I also get jolts of pain in my head. It's in different locations in my head and it will pulsate for a while then go away. I guess I am wondering could these symptoms be from the whiplash I experienced or could it be anxiety? It all leaves me very worried. I hate not being able to focus in on what I'm doing and it does increase my anxiety simply because it makes me worry. I have talked about anxiety to my GP but just gave me Zoloft, which I took but it didn't really help. I just need answers. Thank you for reading.
I completely understand what you are going through, was in an accident in 2009 , April 1st, while sitting still in traffic, my children and I, someone hit us at 60 mph....whiplash was the most severe and shoulder torn from seat belt. Every since , my anxiety intensified x100,000,000. My shoulders, neck and head give me more trouble than anything....from the whiplash and I cannot ride with others hardly and do okay on my own by the mere fact I feel I have some controle to prevent the worst fear of what I experienced previously. The problems you are having could be from the whiplash however I personally have not had any trouble with dizzness or a ditzy feeling, To have further test ran may be an option if you are not able to have relief at all from it. My doc changed my med to xnx which helps , I have taken Zoloft before which did in fact give me those side effects of the mind in general however it had not one impact for the better toward my anxiety level. I pray this was of some help for you and you will be in my prayers to finding an answer and a solution as I firmly understand the frustration and concern that follows....God bless and best of wishes sweety....