Neurology Community
Any association Shingles & TIA?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Any association Shingles & TIA?

I had shingles outbreak for the second time,42 years old,under severe stress,suffer from ptsd depression,joint problems,and female endometeriosis,ovarian cyst. The onset of the blisters I took acolovair,I had extreme elec. shocks tingling buzzing in ear the rash travel from mid right back upward to shoulders and around ear,feverish,very weak,the rash faded,but elec tingling continued about a week later I noticed my right lower lip drooped and numb and I had difficulty speaking,My mom had the one of the worst cases of shingles ten yrs ago and suffer bilateeral bells palsy so I was assuming thats what was happening. I went to ER and was diagnosed with TIA,had ct scan clear,and all my blood work great and no blockage n arteries,within 2 days my speech returned and droppiness,my ear still tingles alot,and I cannot tolerate air on my skin,send elec shocks,I was just wondering if the 2 incidents could have4 benn related... Thank you,  I feel so blessed to be able to speak very scary stuff n weird noone understands............
Tags: shingles
I can relate to what you are saying, I had shingles three months ago brought on by stress dealing with insurance company, it was a nightmare. I woke in the middle of the night with my right chest, underarm and back burning. I headed for the ER two hours later. Apparently if you don't get the anti viral med. within seventy two hour you have to endure this for a month or longer for some, you and I were lucky to get the med in time. The blisters slowly went but the feelings pain and tingling sensations lasted another month and were aggravated by everything. I've started Sunbathing and when there's no Sun I go to the tanning bed twice a week. It dried the blisters faster and the benefits from UVA and UVB rays are so beneficial in so many ways including preventing cancers and curing them instead of causing it. Try some reading on it on the internet, all the scare tactics you hear about causing cancer is bull. I pray we never go through shingles again, once was bad enough I can't imagine twice like you and you're right nobody will understand unless they've gone through it, I understand you.
Rick
Thank you so much for understanding!!!!!!!! It is so frustrating when my family members assume Im making this up,sometimes I feel Crazy,But I know my body and Shingles will make u think ur crazy I could have never imagined the body could feel that way,the nerves reacting the weirdest feeling,Again Thank you...Good Luck