Arachne cyst in right temporal lobe
After a car accident about five years ago, an arachnoid cyst was found in my right temporal lobe, approximately 50cm squared.  I am a fifty one year old woman.  In my early twenties, I was diagnosed with episodic cluster headaches (no fun), fortunately have not had for several years.  I have also had episodes of depression.  When I saw a neurologist, as instructed after the accident, and asked if there could be any correlation, I was told that there was no connection.  Actually, he laughed.  Well, he also said that most people who get cluster headaches were men and he questioned that I had actually had them.  Believe me, after experiencing those (yes, they were real and I had a wonderful neurologist at the time) a doctor who says that is not endearing himself to me.  I did not go back to him.  My question is, could those things be related?  Should I have any concerns or just heads up on anything in the future with that type of arachnoid cyst?

Thanks!
Hi there!

Well, it would be difficult to comment on the situation without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed clinical evaluation. Though arachnoid cysts may present with headaches, the clinical description is not generally similarly to cluster headaches and since they seem to have resolved, I would not suspected these to be related.
   The possible associations related to an arachnoid cyst would depend on its size and location and is best discussed with your treating neurologist
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!