Neurology Community
Arachnoid cyst/mild chronic ischemic cerebral WM

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I had a MVA was sitting still at light and was hit from behind large truck/trailer/pipes full speed probable 50 to 60 mph. I had a CT Scan after the accident that day which showed a 3 x 1.8 x 2 cm simple appearing arachnoid cyst is present along medial right cerebellar hemisphere without pathologic appearing mass effect. IMPRESSION:
1. No hemorrhage or ether acute cerebra/intracranial abnormality was identified.
2 1/2 months later I have another CT Scan different facility and Dr. his findings are  A small cystic area is noted posterior to the cerebellum, just to the right of midline. This could reflect a
small arachnoid cyst measuring about 1.7 centimeters. There is mild mucosal thickening of the right
maxillary antra. The paranasal sinuses and mastoids are otherwise, clear. The calvarium is intact.
IMPRESSION:
1. Small cyst posterior to the cerebellum just to the right of midline measures 1.7 centimeters and
may reflect a small arachnoid cyst
2. Probable mild chronic ischemic change of the cerebral white matter.
My Question is could this be cause by the head trauma and whiplash - coup counter coup that I received in the MVA?  
I had no symptoms of the cyst before!  These are the symptoms after the MVA (dizzy, memory, right face numbness, pain in jaw, cold senativite to teeth, pressure on neck/throat, and headaches on right side as will as my right eye seem different pressure and vision)
Tags: mva, arachnoid cyst, ischemic cerebral
Sorry but the cyst was most likely there since birth. Pretty much the only time a cyst that is located in someones brain is located is because it is causing the person some type of problem. In your case it was found because you were in the accident and the hospital did the CT Scan to check for possible damage to your neck and head.
All the symptoms that you listed are from a concussion that you received from the accident. Those will get better with time. No one can tell you how long it will be before they go away completely; it could be weeks, months or even years.
That is probably not the answer you wanted to hear but that is what it is. I wish you get feeling better soon.