Arachnoid cyst...
Hi!  
I have a question.
I recently had a Max-facial Ct With Contrast and have yet to follow up with my doctor.
The report noted this...The inferior brain parenchyma demonstrates an arachnoid cyst posterior to the vermis. The fourth ventricle is normal in size and is in the midline.
The report didn't say the size of the arachnoid cyst.
Is this something I should be concerned about and also, can you describe the area where the cyst is located in laymen's terms for me?
Thanks!
Christie
Hey Christie!

The cyst is located in the back of the head around the region where the head meets the neck. Arachnoid cysts are usually benign and rarely symptomatic, though without knowing the relevant clinical details or a detailed report it would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation. It would be best to discuss the situation in detail with your treating doctor after the complete report becomes available.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!