Arachnoiditis review
I've had arachnoiditis for 20+ years. Recently my left arm has become weaker, to the extent that I'm struggling to push my wheelchair, and my left leg has also got weaker with more foot drop I get waves of numbness washing down my left arm, which only last for a couple of minutes. I'm also having trouble with my sight, in that it gets blurred without warning, but at other times is clear and sharp. I'm currently on 25 microg/hour Fentanyl, plus amitriptyline and baclofen at night. Recently I had a strange experience in that my left hand became paralysed without warning, lasting aropund 20-30 minutes, and my left arm and leg than got heavy. I didn't see a doctor for a couple of hours, by which time the symptoms had gone, and they decided it wasn't a TIA, but probably due to an interaction between the arachnoiditis and the high-dose steroids I was taking for a colitis flare-up.

Would it be worthwhile seeing a neurologist for a review? I haven't seen anyone for a very long time, because I cope better if I can ignore the problems!As far as I know, there isn't any active treatment available, only symptomatic.