Neurology Community
Are the symptoms caused by a colloid cyst

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I have been having headaches for about two-three months now.  In the past, about 8 years ago, I was diagnosed with migraine headaches.  However, I have been in to the doctor or the er about every other day this time with a headache.  They have given me the medicines for migraines, but they do not help.  My headache is constant pretty much and gets worse at times.  It is interfering with my job and school.  I have been missing two to three days of work in a 5 day work week.  I have dizziness, severe nausea, blurred vision, sharp pains in my head on the right side and memory problems/disorientation.  I got a CT scan and MRI's done and was diagnosed on Monday with a colloid cyst.  The neurosurgeon that I saw said the cyst is only 6mm big.  He also told me that the symptoms I just described are not related to this cyst because the cyst is not big enough.  I did research on the cyst to find out what it is and now I am not so sure that I am not having the symptoms related with the cyst.  I am worried and scared that he is overlooking something.  I had these symptoms, then the test, was diagnosed with a colloid cyst, but he says they are not related because my spinal fluid is not blocked.  Can it be blocked intermittently (sometimes it blocks a side and gives me a headache?)  The cyst was more on my right side and this side feels like where the pain is coming from.  My vision problems are worse on this side, and the sharp shooting pains that go front to back or sometimes up to down are on my right side also.  I do not understand how these symptoms are not related.  Can someone please explain?