Neurology Community
Are there any treatments for encephalomalacia?

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I suffered a subdural hematoma in 1995 but did not require evacuation of the area.  I was a practicing attorney at the time.  In 2003, I started having neurological symptoms such as ataxia, loss of coordination, migraines, neuropathic pain, etc.  After an MRI, I was just diagnosed with right frontal encephalomalacia with abnormal increased signal intensity on T2 weighted, FLAIR, and diffusion sequences in the right frontal lobe.

Most of my symptoms are typical of MS -- which my mother has -- but three MRIs in the past 5 years show no scarring, so my doctor now believes my symptoms must be a direct result of the encephalomalacia.

We haven't even gotten to the point of discussing what, if any, treatment is available and I am a bit frightened.  Is there anything that can be done to treat right frontal encephalomalacia?  (Maybe my diagnosis at this point is too vague because the radiologist is recommending a PET scan.)
THERE IS KNOW TREAT FOR THAT ONLY MEDICINE.AND MEDICINE IS TO BALANCE THE BRAIN.I NO BECAUSE I WAS JUST DIAGNOSED WITH THE SAME THING.