Arenrt medications more harmful than have their benefits?
I started with meds because of a neuralgia and now, I have a TD as well.....
Could you please post me all the meds that that cause TD and that I cannot take?
I believe we corresponded but this is a good link for anyone who needs to read it:
http://www.tardive-dyskinesia.com/
Fortunately, most people can avoid tardive dyskinesia by not taking medication that causes it. However, for myself (not something you have of course) in having schizoaffective disorder I needed an antipsychotic and all of them except for Clozaril (which causes blood dyscreias and needs constant bloodwork and can be dangerous
and something I couldn't tolerate) can cause it. I think I would have not been able to recover if I hadn't taken an antipsychotic all these years though I wish they had caught up with the tardive in time before it progressed this far. But with new treatments in the works for schizophrenia such as the glutamate antagonists (of which I'm on glycine as a study compound and fully recovered) hopefully people with schizophrenia won't get it anymore after they become medications. And right now I'm recovering well with the rhodiola as I've mentioned as well as the Tizanidine. That has helped end the monoclonic spasms, hyperventilation (caused by involuntary contractions in the breathing muscles) and the dissociation from tardive psychosis (still in research study as a criteria in me). But the point is if people can avoid medications that cause this by all means do but if they need them (such as people who need antipsychotics) then advocate as I am doing for medications to be released that don't cause it.

How are you?
The following is the list of medications causing tardive dyskinesia.

• Abilify (aripiprazole)
• Clozaril (clozapine)
• Etrafon (perphenazine, amitriptyline)
• Geodon (ziprasidone)
• Haldol (haloperidol)
• Loxitane (loxapine)
• Mellaril (thioridazine)
• Moban (molindone)
• Navane (thiothixene)
• Orap (pimozide)
• Permitil and Prolixin (fluphenazine)
• Phenergan, Phenadoz, Promethegan (promethazine)
• Reglan (metoclopramide)
• Risperdal (risperidone)
• Serentil (mesoridazine)
• Seroquel (quetiapine)
• Stelazine (trifluoperazine)
• Thorazine (chlorpromazine)
• Triavil and Trilafon (perphenazine, amitriptyline)
• Zyprexa (olanzapine)

Hope this helps!
Unfortunately, the list happens to be longer. Even, painkillers cause TD......
and Plaquenil and menopause meds that I must avoid....

I need badly a list of meds that I shouldn't take with my condition.
Thanks for caring.

But, I will keep on advocating because it is not fair that I end up having three yhings now because of the risks of the medications.
Verna2