Neurology Community
Arm/Leg Weakness/Fatigue Post-Cervical Fusion Surgery

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

I had cervical neck fusion surgery of the C5/C6 9-weeks ago and ever since have been suffering from weakness/fatigue in my arms and legs.  It seems to come and go; one week I'll have mild weakness in only my legs and the next week it is more severe in both my arms and legs to the point where I am having difficult walking from my car to my desk for work.  My surgeon thinks it is more systemic and refered me back to my PCP.  He did a lot of bloodwork but has not found anything yet.  I still have muscle twitches and sensations of sunburnt skin which my surgeon said was normal for about a month after surgery, it's now been over two months.  Sometimes when I am feeling it bad in both the arms and legs I also feel nausea and loss of appetite.  I feeling very depressed now because I've been struggling with this for so long and no one has any answers.  I'm setting up an appointment with a different surgeon, this time a Neurosurgeon instead of my Orthopaedic Spinal surgeon.  Sometimes I feel it worse in the arms than legs and vice-versa which makes me think it must be spinal cord related.  Maybe it's adjusting to the release of the herniated disc I had removed???  Any ideas?