Neurology Community
Arm and leg pain and numbness, seizure, face numb!
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding neurology issues such as: Alzheimer's Disease, ALS, Autism, Brain Cancer, Cerebral Palsy, Chronic Pain, Epilepsy, Headaches, MS, Neuralgia, Neuropathy, Parkinson's Disease, RSD, Sleep Disorders, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Arm and leg pain and numbness, seizure, face numb!

For over a month I have been seeing a local neurologist. I was taken to the hospital from work after having what appeared to be a seizure. I have had several of these episodes and was put on Topomax (topamax) and I am now up to 100mg dosage. I have not had the seizure activity which would include twitching of the face, eyes and arm (right). It would always be followed by a bad headache and a sort of numb a laziness of right side of face. Now to back up several years....I have been having problems raising my arms above my head, I would get pain and tingling in my arms and they would sort of just drop down and I would have to sit down to keep from passing out. I learned to sort of live with this and deal with it. It comes and goes in its severity. Okay back to now. Now I am not having the seizure activity but will find my eyes will twitch uncontrollably at times. But the main thing is over the past week and a half each day I have gotten worse concerning my arms and legs. I mean I know the side effects of the topomax (topamax) with the pins and needles and I had that but this is not it....this is something else. This is like the pain I had when raising my arms over my head but now it is worse and it is keeping me from doing so much. I can't wash my hair, type, write, brush my little girl's hair, etc. It has now moved into my right leg. I have trouble walking,etc. I am still getting a head ache over my right eye. Some face drooping but not much. Still no seizures. Help! I don't know what this is and no one seems concerned. I had MRI, CT, EEG, etc when at the hospital in the beginning they said all normal. Doc is treating me for migraines. This isn't migraines. I feel like I have no muscles in my arms. I have little bursts of normal in the day when I can get up and do something but then in no time I loose it and it is gone. I have lost a lot of cognitive skill and work in a very stressful work environment and I have had to miss a lot of work. I am very scared. I have always been a very active woman and I don't understand. I am 35.