Art Aug 13 2008
Excruciating pain and swollen knee and ankle joints..are these the after effects of Botok injections?

How are you?
Botox injections can cause headache, severe pain, and flu like symptoms, tenderness and swelling at the site of the injection.
Swollen joints are not seen commonly with botox.

Thank you for your information on Botox injections. I don't feel so good having had cervical dystonia with pains in my neck and shoulders and now the pains in my knees and ankles. As a result, my back especially around my hip region hurts too. I don't have these problems before my treatment session. I really don't know what's happening to me and I have to consume at least 8 paracetamol tablets per day to get some relief. I really don't know where do I go from here and which Doctors to refer to ...Please advise as much as you can. Thank you very much Dr Noorpur...Art Aug 13 2008.